Thursday, May 7, 2009

Royal Doulton Cocker Spaniel

Darby and I recently acquired a small collection of Royal Doulton dog figurines and I will be showing them off in my blog as I list them for sale in my Ruby Lane store. I listed the Cocker Spaniel first. He is truly gorgeous and does have a soulful expression...though I think they all do.

I am a HUGE dog fan. Have you ever noticed that DOG is GOD spelled backwards? I think there is something to that. But I digress. (I do that alot...) My main expereince with cocker spaniels stems from high school. My best friend, also named Laura, had a cocker spaniel who would...uhhh....lose control of her bladder everytime I came over. I am quite sure her mother was thrilled at my arrival. However, that aside, she was a sweet dog...very happy with a wiggly tail. Cockers have docked tails so when they are excited their whole bottom wags. SO cute. For those of you who are local, all 8 of the Doulton dogs (doesn't THAT sound hoity toity...) are available for your viewing (and purchasing...) pleasure at our booth at Antiques Emporium at Cameron Village. For our online readers, I plan to list them gradually over the next 2 weeks.



No comments: