Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Favorites Cabinet...

As promised, here are the first glimpses of a few pieces from my collection. Until recently, I kept my "finds" hidden away from where visitors and friends could see them. It just never dawned on me that I could decorate and live with the things I love. This first picture reveals several pieces of sparkling costume jewels with designer names such as "KJL" (the FABULOUS turquoise color drop earrings), "Regency" (the clear spray pin), "Lisner" (the purple and yellow pin) and "Trifari" (the blue, gold and clear pin). The twisty hair stick with the rhinestone ball belonged to my great grandmother, who apparently loved jewelry as much as I do! The bag in the back is one of my favorite varieties. This particular one was made in Belgium by "Jorelle". It is covered with thousands of tiny glass beads and features beautiful embroidery.
The second picture reveals a 1950's "Trifari" 3 piece parure in dazzling grey and clear rhinestones. It is uncommon to find more than one piece of sets such as this one so I was thrilled with this find! There are several purses in the background; the red velvet with sequins and beads is a drawstring and I suspect it is handmade. The grey bag underneath the red is encrusted with beads and shimmers! The bag that is laying down is the oldest one pictured. The top is fashioned from cut steel and was made to resemble marcasite. The bag opens up like a flap and there are several very fragile pockets on the interior. A flashy multicolored rhinestone pin by "Art" rests atop this wonderful old bag. In the bottom left corner we see a black rhinestone double sword pin by "Weiss"; still on its original card! (what a find!!!).
I am so glad I put my favorite things out on display. Walking by my "favorites cabinet" always relaxes me and reminds me of some of our favorite adventures! Have a sparkly day! Just a note: I have many items similar to these listed for sale in our Ruby Lane store: http://www.rubylane.com/shops/ladyandlibrarian
Please visit us there!!!

No comments: