Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Booth at Gresham Lake Antique Mall!


At the suggestion of a dear friend Stacey, (the proprietress of Flotsam and Jetsam…see my links to get to her wonderful must-read blog and Ruby Lane store), we have photographed
our booth at a local antique mall, Gresham Lake, which is about to celebrate its 15th Anniversary in October of this year, and several exciting events are planned. Darby and I are working steadily to get the booth re-organized, cleaned up and "re-decorated" before then. Unlike our online store at Ruby Lane, where we tend to list and sell things in our areas of expertise only, at the booth, we are able to indulge our whims a bit more!
We have everything from pottery to books to jewelry to amateur oil paintings to figurines to china to glassware to buttons and baubles. It is truly a hodge podge, but I find that I am always drawn to similar booths when Darby and I are out hunting for treasures. I feel like I might get rewarded for my digging! And, dealers cannot specialize in every little thing. So their oversight is your gain! I know, for example, that I recently put a lovely little dish with a transfer-ware portrait of a lady in the center in the booth for $4.00. I found out yesterday that a collector came through and was THRILLED to find this little dish; apparently a "Royal Copley", and has a book value of at least $30.00. As the dish was unmarked, it would have been hard for me to know it had any value but I am glad she found a treasure! Lesson learned for all collectors: KNOW YOUR STUFF!

No comments: