Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Far, Far Away.....

I ran across this card a few days ago and immediately wanted to jump into the image. I have always loved being near bodies of water; especially the ocean. This girl looks dreamy and peaceful; her hair is blowing in the wind and she is dressed the way I try to: comfortable yet dressy and always with a piece of jewelry! I yearn to be standing on a dock or pier and feel the salty air swirling around me. When I was younger my friends used to get a kick out of my saying that feeling the wind blow made me want to write poetry. Though my inner poet has been silent for a while now, I still love a windy day; especially on the coast. Life seems to slow down and problems seem easier to tackle. I have been having a hard time this month, so this image reminded me that the beach is only 3 hours down the road...always there, eternal, soothing and constant ebb and flow. If you look carefully, you can find treasures anywhere: the shifting reflection of the moon on the water; a sand piper's footprints in the sand, the shrimp boats cruising by on the horizon, porpoise jumping in joy, a broken sand dollar piece that makes you want to keep hunting for a whole one, and the tangy, salty air on your skin as you sit on the beach with a good book (or, in the case of our girl in the card, a sandwich!), a cold beverage and a friendly companion. And if I get there anytime soon, bring out the Jimmy Buffet, send me straight to Margaritaville - cause baby, my flip flops have blown out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about the wind blowing and feeling inspired! I have always loved a windy day and it does make the troubles in life seem to disappear for a while! I love the pic of the girl too!
Your sis- Vee

Stacey said...

Hi Dear Heart-
Your recent posts have been wonderful... So informative! I think the Pink Saturday will be good for you if you're able to participate. I don't do it b/c pink isn't a big favorite of mine but I do think it's a good way to get to know people in blogland. Who knows, maybe one day I'll sign up for it too!

Jenny S said...

Hi! Great picture!! Hope thing start looking up for you!!

Fete et Fleur said...

The coastal breezes do the same for me. I would be lost if I didn't live near the coast. I can really feel it if I'm more than 5 hours away. Hang in there!

Nancy