Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas from the Orcutt's!

I have always found joy and comfort in certain song lyrics. Today, I would like to share some lyrics with you all that are especially wonderful...especially when sung by Elvis...I highly recommend his Christmas album. We hope you and your family are safe, warm and happy. Take a few extra minutes to stand together with your tree all aglow. Listen to the silence. Embrace each other, and give thanks. Merry Christmas!

"On a Snowy Christmas Night" (Stanley J. Gelber)

"Midnight prayers so softly whispered
In a cathedral's candlelight
Bring the message of the Holidays
On a snowy Christmas night
Holly wreaths and hidden mistletoe
Symbols of the season's might
Joyful faces everywhere you go
On a snowy Christmas night
Give thanks for all you've been blessed with
And hold your loved ones tight
For you know the Lord's been good to you
On a snowy Christmas night
Mother nature wears a bridal gown
For the world is dressed in white
There's a silent glow that fills the earth
On a snowy Christmas night
Give thanks for all you've been blessed with
And hold your loved one's tight
For you know the Lord's been good you
On a snowy Christmas night
For you know the Lord's been good to you
On a snowy Christmas night."

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your picture!! He looks so cute tucking into all that tissue paper! What a great gift!!

Anonymous said...

What a precious bundle of joy! Beautiful photo! Beautiful blog entry too! Makes me want to celebrate Christmas all over again!

I was looking for your email address here or a contact button, but couldn't find one. I found your blog through Stacey's blog. I haven't registered with blogger yet, so I will just give you my email address here in such a way that those spam bots searching the net for email addresses won't pick up on mine. The first half of my email address is Talk2Mary

The second half of my email address is @hotmail.com

Those enormous digging machines were digging in our neighborhood even when we got home tonight, so I am paranoid that at any minute they will cut through our phone/DSL line again. At least if you have my email address, I can check my email away from home too if the internet/phone go out again. This digging is going to be going on through June, and they have already been out here at least 15 times since mid December to repair cut phone/DSL lines, so it's pretty chaotic. Being able to use the internet at home again tonight feels like a luxury. :-) I love your blog! It is great getting to know you & Stacey even more through your blogs.

~Mary E.